Playoff Projection Report
The playoff probability reports will be generated on a daily basis until the end of the regular season. The probabilties are empirical estimates based on simulating the remainder of the season 1000 times. Although I am not going to give complete details at this time, the method has been tried and tested: it was used to win the TrueHoop Stat Geek Smackdown in both 2007 and 2008.
|Rk||Eastern Conference||W||L||OL||PTS||Current||Remain||Best||Worst||Playoffs||Division||Top Seed||Win Conf||Win Cup|
|3||New Jersey Devils||50.7||26.0||5.3||106.7||75||32||119||92||100.0%||80.8%||0.9%||16.9%||7.4%|
|6||New York Rangers||42.5||30.8||8.7||93.8||68||26||107||79||88.0%||1.1%||1.8%||0.3%|
|12||Toronto Maple Leafs||31.1||37.6||13.3||75.5||52||23||88||64||0.3%|
|14||New York Islanders||25.2||47.1||9.6||60.1||40||20||72||46|
|15||Tampa Bay Lightning||29.0||38.6||14.4||72.3||49||23||85||58|
Here is a description of each of the columns:
- W, L, OL, and PTS are the average number of wins, losses, overtime losses, and points, respectively, that the team had in the 1000 simulations.
- Current is the team's curent point total.
- Remain is the team's projected point total the remainder of the season.
- Best is the team's best point total in the 1000 iterations.
- Worst is the team's worst point total in the 1000 iterations.
- Playoffs is the percentage of times the team made the playoffs in the 1000 iterations.
- Division is the percentage of times the team won their division in the 1000 iterations.
- Top Seed is the percentage of times the team was the top seed in their conference in the 1000 iterations.
- Win Conf is the percentage of times the team won the conference playoffs in the 1000 iterations.
- Win Cup is the percentage of times the team won the Stanley Cup in the 1000 iterations.